Tuesday 14 June 2011

Flowers in a vase


I like working with a limited colour scheme. If you pick out your backing paper before you start to colour you can adjust the scheme to match. Much easier than trying to pick out papers later on! This is one of my favourite colour schemes.


I have water coloured the stamped image [FRV011 Round Vase Daises]. I scribbled some brush markers onto a white tile. I then used a fine brush to add water and pick up the colour. The colour from a brush marker is far more intense then that from water colour paints or pencils.




The little tag is made from shrink plastic. I stamped the greeting on the plastic, let it dry and then punched it out. I then punch a hole in the tag - 1/4" before shrinking it with a heat gun. I added some wire which I've twisted around a cocktail stick. Wordings are really sweet when you shrink them.


This was stamped with a wood mounted stamp which I designed approx 6 years ago. If you like it, it is still available and there are two other flower stamps in that style also.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful card, thanks for the tip about picking backing paper first, must try that. Cute tag too and beautiful bright colours for summer,very inspiring, thanks.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another very pretty card. Your colouring is always beautiful, whatever medium you use! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never get my paper out first and then I have to colour another one to match the paper!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...