Thursday 16 June 2011

Woodware Design team Challenge -A bunch of flowers

 I really enjoyed this challenge. There is a bit of everything I like in terms of techniques;
Paper piecing [flowers], Faux stitching, sponging and colouring.

I've used the following sets:
FRCL134 Flowers and Stems
FRCL129 Garden Greetings

Garden greetings is another of my favourite greeting sets as I do make quite a lot of flower related cards.
The vase is punched using 2'' vase.

The papers are from the 'Bremen' collection of papers stocked by Woodware






I glued the buttons into place before actually stitching them to the card. I do like some threads in my buttons!

The little butterfly is in the greetings set.

The clear Sakura Gelly Roll Glaze pen came out to play once again over the flowers, tiny flower centers, butterfly body and petals.

I used the Sky Blue Brilliance ink pad for the sponging. If you have never tried them use some Sponge Daubers. They are still my preferred option for sponging.


A little detail to show the greeting and shinny glaze on the flowers!

Why not Pop along to the Woodware Blog to see what the other members of the design team have created for 'A bunch of flowers'







4 comments:

  1. Morning Francoise, such a pretty card again !! You are fab with your colour combo`s. Funny thing , but I really love the little loop you have done now and then on your faux stitching. Hope you don`t mind if I use that next time on my cards !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really pretty card, and I love all the little details. I must have a go at making something similar as I have all the supplies that you have used. I agree that your garden greetings set is very useful. Thank you for all the inspiration! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty card, the flowers look like they have faces, lovely colours, style and greetings, thanks Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a pretty card, love those paper pieced flowers! your blog is such an inspiration! we're so glad to have you play along with woodware USA's blog! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...