Monday 4 July 2011

Woodware Design team Challenge - Sketch

For this week's challenge I decided to use one of my favourite sets;


FRCL193 Patch an Owl


and I've done just that using paper piecing to make up the little owl. I've used the 'Stockholm' paper collection which are stocked by Woodware.
To add detail I've used the mini heart punch to make up a little bow. I've added googly eyes and made some little flowers using a Woodware daisy punch. 


I have drawn quite a lot of faux stitching using a black Sakura Micron pen.I've used the clear Sakura Gelly Roll Glaze pen to highlight the little bit of colouring in I did on the beak and tummy.


The greeting comes in the set along with other owl related wordings.
This picture shows how to cut out the owl for the paper piecing. If your adding googly eyes then you can save time by cutting through the right hand eye as the cut will be covered.
You need to stamp three owls on three different papers. So once you cut them up you can make up 3 owls.
Once all your cutting out is completed you need to stamp your owl on some card to make a base to stick your pieces onto. For sticking the pieces use a glue stick. I always recommend the Tombow glue stick as it does not go lumpy. I only ever use a glue stick for this type of work or for sticking little paper pieces. I do not use it for matting and layering.


Tip: Make sure to spread glue over the whole piece. If you don't do this the edges will lift.


Tip: using a glue stick gives you a little bit of time for moving the paper pieces into place. Instant glues are very tricky to use and you have to be very precise.


If you have enjoyed this card pop along to the Woodware blog during the week to see other designs created with this sketch.

6 comments:

  1. this is lovely card, one of my favourite stamps too, so cute, lovely colours and design, thanks for the inspiration as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoy paper piecing as I can do it in front of the tv and it stops me from eating! Thanks for explaining how to do this technique so that other people can get hooked on it.
    The owl set of stamps are just great and so versatile, can be used for Birthdays, new baby, Christmas etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable. I love the way you added additional faux stitching and the punches! Kerry WoodwareUSA DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creation!! I just love this set, and I used the same one for our challenge this week!! Thanks for joining us at Woodware USA...it's fun to have you!!

    Nancy Bush
    Woodware USA DT coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet! I'm the July guest designer and this is the set that I chose to work with! It's so adorable. I love your paper choices and the little bow and flowers add so much to the card. It's great!
    ~Renee
    Woodware USA GD

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the paper-piecing on the owl. I have one of the 'Patch A...' series sets and may need to get the owl one soon. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...