Saturday 27 August 2011

Woodware Design team Challenge - Funny Folds


My take on this week's challenge 'Funny Folds' was to put together a stepped card [I think that is what you call it!!...]. I found the original template on a blog and changed the measurement to suit [it was originally too small and not wide enough to do much on it].


I love this new set that I have designed for Christmas called FRCL209 'Patch a Bauble'. It follows on from the success of my patchwork designs.
I have taken photos from various angles to show how it folds. It's quite easy to measure and cut without a template.
I have used paper piecing to fill/patch the baubles. I've used what I call the fancy bauble from the set. There are three to choose from. My favourite is the bell shaped bauble.


The paper comes from this 8 by 8 pad:





DAYDREAM ENSEMBLE - 8 X 8 COLLECTION (48) » GCD501

It's not a Christmas pad and with this set you do not necessarily have to use Christmas colours or paper.





In the set there is a holly/berry corner that I have used to stamp the thin side panels on the card. I was taken back at how well it worked to stamp a random background.


I've added some colour to make the detail of the patterns, such as the holly leaves, stand out. There is also a touch of Sakura Clear glaze pen to make the berries and buttons stand out. Extra 'Faux' stitching has been added to compliment the patchwork theme.


Why not visit the Woodware Blog to see what other wonderful projects have been created by the Design team

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't sure about these stamps when I saw them, but now I have seen a card made using them I really like them. Love the colours you have used and also the fact that you can paper piece or colour the images. The faux stitching works well along with the Sakura glaze pen. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card, design and colours used, i also love these stamps and nice to paper piece or colour. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...