Monday 15 August 2011

Woodware Design team Challenge - Two Colours

For this week's challenge we had to choose two colours to work with. I chose pink and green - well I'm not sure if I've followed the brief exactly as I've added gold and you also have black and white in the mix. However from my teaching days I do remember that black and white are not considered colours because you use them to alter colour tones. 
Away from the art lesson! I really enjoyed this challenge and I think it shows.
I've used another favourite stamp; FRP022 Cherry Blossom
It is a wood mounted stamp but there is a smaller variation in a clear set;
FRCL070 Oriental Ladies
I've used the greeting from that set.
The kimono is paper pieced from a scrap of pale green stripy paper. I've shaded over the top with green pens.


For the border I used the Woodware Crafty Edger with the Japanese Fan cassette [love it!]. The flowers are made using these three punches: Cherry 821-82, Grass 1 821-68 and Stamens FPC1-01


I have used lots of Mark Richard bling for decoration: 3mm Nailheads and Gems. I also highlighted some of the coloured detail with the clear Sakura Gelly Roll Glaze pen.


Of course if you know me there has to be a bit of ribbon. I've also used Gold Hat Elastic RIB901 to tie into a knot around the card. It looks like Japanese paper cord.


I start the week off and I hope you will go to the Woodware blog through the week to see what my other team mates have done for this challenge.




4 comments:

  1. very nice card, lovely colours, colouring, paper piecing and finishes of borders, flowers, and gold elastic, very effective, thanks again for inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Francoise this is so gorgeous.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card, love your colour choice. Wouldn't have thought to use these stamps but really like them now I have seen something made with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superbe Françoise... Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...