Tuesday 9 August 2011

Woodware Design Team Challenge - Look what I did with my file folders

This week's challenge was very challenging!!!


I'm using the file folders that come in a pack. Each sheet has different size folders on it, die cut ready to go. They are white so my first task was to sponge them with yellow ink to remove the starkness. I then used elements from this set:
FRCL020 Background Textures
to stamp blocks of colour across the folders. For this I used the 'ColorBox Queues '
I have used 6 files in total. I had plans to stick them together a certain way so the all matched at the edges but when I started stamping the  enjoyment took over and the plan disappeared!! [lol]


For the flowers I have used this set:
FRCL134 Flowers and Stems
I stamped using the fading out technique so some of the flowers/textures have been stamped without re-inking. This gives more depth to the stamping.
Finally I have used this set to add greetings at random on some of the pages.
FRCL129 Garden Greetings
which is very appropriate given the flower theme.


To finish off I have punched some butterflies, using my favourite Woodware punch, and sponged them before gluing them into place. I decorated the butterflies with 3mm pearls. 


Not forgetting some ribbon for good measure.
This type of project can go on for ever... and you could add charms, tags etc..




Pop along to Woodware Blog to see other great ideas from the team.



1 comment:

  1. This is stunning, really great style of card and lovely colours that you have used.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...