Monday 30 January 2012

woodware Design Team Challenge - 3D delights



Not to sure if my contribution this week is really what was meant by 3D delights [lol]... it certainly covers the delight part and jelly beans are 3D. Well it's my take on the wording. 


I've used one of the owls and greetings from this set:
FRCL193 Patch an Owl


I've stamped using the Coffee Bean Brilliance inkpad for a softer look. The owl and flowers have been coloured in using a mixture of marker pens and Sakura Glaze pens. So no paper piecing! ....but this shows how easy it is to colour instead.


For the topper I have used Woodware punches: 3" circle and 31/2" scalloped circle. I have sponged the edges of the circle, scalloped circle and oval with inks; pink, yellow and green.
I then cut a shaped panel that I folded in half to make the holder for the bag of Jelly Beans. I stamped some patchwork flowers on the holder using the flower which is in the set. The ribbon is decorative but also secures the flaps.


As home baking is becoming popular again you could put some homemade cookies or chocolates in the bag or maybe healthy nuts!! Whatever takes you fancy...


Pop along to the Woodware Blog for other takes on this challenge.

2 comments:

  1. this is delightful and delicious,love it, a smashing gift idea, thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your decorated little gift bag, and the way your colours match your jelly beans! Definately a 3D delight for me!
    Christina A Maze of Memories Craft Centre

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...