Tuesday 24 January 2012

Woodware Design Team Challenge - Template teasers

For this week's challenge I have turned my crafting hands to doing some scrapbooking! Yes it is quite unusual for me as you probably already know. I have never used the Artemio templates before so I thought I would just follow the instructions to see if it was easy or hard to do. I actually found it quite easy to do as the instructions are very clear. I used the following template;


ARTEMIO DIAMOND - DIE-CUT MINI ALBUM - TEMPLATE 18002017

I started by selecting the theme and photos I wanted to use. As I chose pictures from our holiday to Santorini an island in Greece I chose a blue and white theme as in the flag. Blue and white colours appear on buildings also!

You need a piece of 12 by 12 cardstock for the base. Use a retractable pencil to mark out the cuts and scores. Once you have marked these on the card, do the scores for the folds first using a fine embossing tool. Then do the cutting on a mat using a nice sharp blade on your craft knife to avoid tears. You do need to be fairly precise if you want it to be neat and fold up well. Use a good rubber to remove any pencil marks.



 This is my front cover and shows my mini book all folded up.I printed off a couple of maps that I found on the internet and a Greek flag. 


On the template there is a little flap which you use to hold the mini book shut. You could ignore it and add ribbon instead or some string. I wanted to use it to see if it worked. It does the job but it might get worn if it is over used. I would recommend not to mat and layer every photo especially if you use the back and front of your mini book like I did
 On the template there are different size windows which you can use as view finders. You can move them around over your photo to select which area you want to cut out. You can also use the windows to cut matting layers for your photos. That is a really helpful tool as you don't have to do it by eye!


Make sure to use a photo glue on the back of the photos to avoid lumps and bumps...





I really enjoyed doing this project. I was not sure to start of with about using this diamond shape but it's worked really well. Now I have a little brag book all about our beautiful holiday!






I do love Greece..... the sun, food, islands, churches....

Enjoy the rest of the pictures and pop along to the Woodware Blog to see how other templates have been used.

5 comments:

  1. I love your little mini book and the colours are perfect with your photos. I find the Artemio templates very versatile - it can also be used flat on a 12x12 page to create a mosaic layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Francoise, really love this little album that you have made. Great choice in colours as they go so well with your photos, just makes you want to book a holiday to the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Francoise! Your mini album is gorgeous and the shape seems perfect for your photographs, thanks for your tips to get good results too. Santorini looks beautiful, we love Greece too but haven't managed that Island.........yet :). Hope you're well and hope to see and catch up with you very soon. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out fabulous! Love the pics and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hellο! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
    Anywаyѕ, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll bе
    book-marκіng and checking back fгеquеntly!
    My web site ... mosaic art gallery

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...