Monday 7 November 2011

Woodware Design Team Challenge - Sketch

 Another sketch this week and I am first to showcase my version. I have not done Peel Off's for a while so I thought I would use some of my mushrooms:
93198B Mushrooms and Toadstools
If you look at the sketch layout over on the Woodware blog you will notice that instead of putting lots of layers in my matting I have chosen a wavy strip of craft card for the middle of the card and use faux stitching to make it stand out. 
The greeting comes from this set;
FRCL207 Ribbon Banners




A close up to show you my colouring. I used Copic markers and I have glazed over the colouring with my trusted Sakura Gelly Roll clear glaze pen. The glaze really brings out the colours of the Copic pens. This also shows how you can use your Copics pens with Peel Off's but they do need to be black ones.


I like to do a halo effect for the sky. I basically left a gap between the sky and the mushrooms. If you go right up and leave no gap you will probably end up having to fill the whole space to make it look right. It takes a bit of practice but is well worth learning.


The background paper is from the Oslo range of Woodware papers. One of my favourites!
Check out Woodware blog during this week to see other designs using this sketch.

1 comment:

  1. this is a beautiful autumnal card, love the peel off mushrooms, colours and design, thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...